2) Add the streaky bacon to a large saute pan, on a high heat, and cook until crisp. When crisp, remove to a paper towel lined plate, reserving the fat in the pan.
3) Remove the beef from the marinade, pat dry and add to the pan with the bacon fat. Cook over a medium-high heat, browning the meat on all sides. Remove the meat from the pan, to a plate.
4) Add extra oil, if necessary, to amount to 2 to 3 tbsp of total fat in the pan. Add the carrots, parsnips and the frozen onions. Cook until the onions are light brown, approximately 10 minutes.
5) Add the flour to the vegetable mixture to make a roux. When the roux begins to brown, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze with the remaining red wine and stir in the beef stock. Reduce over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
6) Add the browned beef, cooked bacon, thyme, parsley and oregano. Adjust seasonings, to taste, with the remaining 1 tsp of salt and some extra fresh ground pepper. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with Parmesan and fried onions and serve immediately.