- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1.5 kg braising steak, cut into 5 cm cubes
- House seasoning, recipe follows
- 70g green pepper
- 70g onions
- 70g celery
- 125ml bourbon
- 1 (450g) tin tomatoes with their juice
- 500 to 750ml beef stock
- 125 corn kernels
- 125g French beans, trimmed and cut in 1/2
- 90g quartered new red potatoes
- Salt and pepper
How to make Beef bourbon y'all
1) Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot with a lid. Season the meat all over with house seasoning and sear in a single layer. Remove the beef to a plate and add the green bell pepper, onion and celery to the pot and saute until softened. Return the beef back to the pot and add the bourbon,tomatoes and enough stock to cover the beef. Bring up to a boil and then lower to a simmer with the lid on ajar.
2) Simmer for 2 hours or until beef is very tender. Then add the corn, French beans and red potatoes. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Brooke's homemade meatloaf
- Stuffed fillet steak
- Beef stroganoff
- Bubba's shrimp gumbo
- Roasted turkey with maple cranberry...
- Lowcountry smothered pork chops
- Lady and Sons' chicken in wine sauc...
- Neely's BBQ spaghetti
- Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon w...
- NY strip (porterhouse) steak with t...
- Company pot roast