Made this? How was it?
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5Kg beef shoulder, cut into large cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp ancho chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 onions,
- 10 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 tinned chipotle peppers in adobo,
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 (800g) tin whole tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 125g masa harina
- 300g shredded white Cheddar, for garnish
- 2 bunches chives, for garnish
- 375ml sour cream, for garnish
How to make Beef chili
1) In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil. Season the beef shoulder all over with salt and pepper, add it to the pot and brown it. As it's browning stir in the chili powder, coriander, cumin, paprika, oregano and cinnamon. Lower the temperature under the meat to toast the spices.
2) In a food processor puree the onions, garlic, chipotle peppers, jalapeno, tomato puree and sugar and add it to the pot. Increase the heat to medium to steam vegetables a little and sweeten the peppers. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch, about 1 quart, and add tomatoes with their liquid. Bring to a boil and skim off any foam that rises to the surface. Reduce the heat and simmer until the meat is fork-tender and comes apart with no resistance, about 2 hours. As it cooks down, add more water, if necessary. When done, stir in the masa harina.
3) Take a potatoand the chili so the meat comes apart in shreds. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish each serving with the shredded Cheddar, chives, and sour cream.
- Beef bourguignon
- Chicken and dumplings
- Chicken and smoked sausage etouffee...
- Chinese spareribs with teriyaki gla...
- Victor's 1959 Cafe: Picadillo and C...
- Neapolitan ragu
- Bistro-style short ribs
- The ultimate filet o fish sammie
- Barcelona-Style Rice
- Turkey mole poblano
- Coq au vin
- Halibut and cioppino