This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Heat a large frying pan with some oil. Once the pan is hot add the thin strips of steak and flash fry at high heat for one minute on each side. Set aside on a plate whilst you get on with the rest of the cooking.
2. Place the diced onion and potato in the same pan along with the garlic paste and fry for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
3. Then stir in the rendang paste and fry for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and simmer on medium / high heat for about 10 minutes until the coconut milk is reduced by about a third.
5. Add the beef and garnish pot and cook for a final 2 minutes. At the same time microwave the rice as per the pack instructions.
6. Serve the rice in warm bowls, add the rendang and garnish with lime, coriander or cashew nuts if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com