Beef Tacos with Asparagus Salsa
Full of fiery flavours, these tacos are served with salsa and an avocado cream.
1) Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) Arrange asparagus on baking sheet and season with salt and black pepper. Wrap garlic cloves in foil and place on baking sheet next to asparagus. Roast for 15 mins, until asparagus and garlic are golden brown. Remove from oven.
3) While the asparagus is roasting, in a large skillet on medium-high heat, combine beef, chilli sauce, green chillis, and chilli powder and bring to a simmer for 5 mins, or until liquid is absorbed.
4) In a medium bowl, combine roasted garlic, sour cream and avocado. Mash with a fork until blended and smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
5) Chop 1/4 of the asparagus into small pieces, making about 135g, reserve remaining asparagus for soup, about 530g. In a medium bowl, combine chopped asparagus, diced tomato, coriander, lime juice, and cumin. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6) To serve, spoon beef into tortillas and top with shredded lettuce and cheese. Serve garlic-avocado cream and asparagus salsa on the side.