1) Preheat oven to 150C/Gas 2.
2) Place the chopped garlic, salt and pepper into a bowl. Add enough extra-virgin olive oil to create a paste. Add the rosemary and thyme leaves to the bowl and stir to combine.
3) Set short ribs out on a roasting tray and cover with herb paste. Roast in the oven for 2 hours and 30 minutes until they are falling apart.
4) Heat a large saute pan over high heat and add a 3-count of olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes until brown. Add shallots and minced garlic and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 2 minutes until garlic and onion become fragrant. Remove pan from heat and carefully add cognac to deglaze the pan. Return to heat and add cream. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half.
5) Turn off heat and stir in Dijon mustard and sour cream. Season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
6) Cook egg noodles in salted boiling water according to directions on package. Drain and toss with butter while still hot.
7) To serve, pile the noodles high on a plate, top with Stroganoff sauce and finish with rib slices. Garnish with fresh parsley and green onions.