2) Take a large sheet of aluminum foil and double it over. Put the beetroot in the middle, drizzle with olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Bring the sides of the foil up around the beetroot to make a pouch. Put in the hot oven and bake until tender, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
3) Remove from the oven and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, gently peel off the skin and julienne, about 5cm long by 1cm thick. Chill until ready to use.
4) Lightly toast the pine nuts in a small saute pan over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a plate or small bowl and cool. Slice the goat cheese into 1-cm rounds and press the pine nuts onto both sides. Chill until service.
5) When ready to serve, lightly toss the baby greens and spinach together in a large bowl and dress the edge of bowl with 60ml of the tarragon dressing. Toss the greens and garnish with beetroot, goat cheese, onion and additional dressing. Serve immediately.
For the tarragon dressing:
1) In a small bowl or glass jar, combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil. Whisk until well combined, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
2) This recipe works really well when mixed with a stick blender.