- 2 egg
- 250 g sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 220 g shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 500 g plain flour
- 9 g baking powder
- 6 g salt
- 0.25 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to make Best Baked Doughnuts (doughnuts)
- Sift flour with salt, baking powder, cinammon and nutmeg.
- Melt the shortening in a small bowl in the microwave and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy and gradually add the sugar while beating constantly.
- Add the milk alternately with the melted shortening and then add the vanilla essence.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Cover and chill in fridge for around 30 minutes until dough is firm.
- Grease a doughnut pan with 12 holes carefully.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celcius (450 F) with the fan-forced option on.
- Carefully spoon the cool dough into a large piping bag with a large plain nozzle and pipe a ring of dough into each hole.
- You can just use a small spoon to fill the doughnut pan but it takes ages and isn't as even. I used a disposable bag, filled it then snipped a hole at the end to pipe the mixture.
- Bake for around 10 minutes or until doughnut has risen and is lightly browned.
- Turn out onto a wire-rack to cool.
- Ice with chocolate glaze, doughnut icing (e.g.Recipe # 179685 ) or dip in half a cup of melted butter and then toss in a cup of sugar mixed with a teaspoon of cinammon.
(Courtesy of Food.com)