1. Cream together butter and sugar until light in colour. Add ginger tea and seeds from the vanilla pod and mix through.
2. Add 2 eggs until combined. Add half flour and half baking powder to mixture and stir through. Add the rest of the eggs to the mixture until smooth.
3. Finish off with the rest of the flour, salt and baking powder and mix through until combined.
4. Add a splash of cold milk and fold into mixture, then set aside in fridge until ready to use.
1. Place cupcake batter into moulds and bake at 180 degrees for 35 mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack.
2. For the topping, heat up non-stick pan, add sugar and allow to caramalise.
3. Add plums to pan (flat side down). Coat plums with sugar and cook for 8 mins or until soft.
4. For the icing, place cream cheese and icing sugar in bowl. Mix together until smooth. Ripple through any excess plum syrup.
1. Place cupcakes on serving platter, add warm roasted plum on top of cupcake and top with icing and a pinch of salt.