1. Prepare the rice noodles by cooking them in a medium pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, lift them out, drain the and rinse them in cold water, dress them with a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine the sauce ingredients together and mix well.
3. Heat a wok over a high heat until smoking and add the peanut oil. Swirl the oil in the wok and add the garlic, ginger, chilli and crushed fermented salted black beans and stir very quickly for a few seconds.
4. Then add in the scallops and let it settle in the wok for a few seconds and then toss in the wok. Add in the shaoxing rice wine (or dry sherry) as the scallops caramelise slightly.
5. Toss for a minute and then add the samphire, then add in the sauce and bring to the bubble.
6. As soon as the sauce starts to bubble, make a well in the centre of the wok and add in the cooked rice noodles. Gently mix all the ingredients together making sure all the noodles are covered in the sauce. Take it off the heat, garnish it with coriander and serve immediately.