450g dried black-eyed peas, or 2 tins black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
900ml low-sodium chicken broth (if using dried peas)
Try Knorr Stock Pots
Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.
1) If using dried peas: In a large bowl, cover peas with 10cm of water and soak a minimum of 6 hrs, or overnight. Drain and rinse thoroughly. Place peas in a 4L saucepan with chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer peas between 45 to 55 mins, or until peas are cooked but not mushy. Drain excess liquid and let peas cool to room temperature.
2) Combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce salt and pepper in a bowl, and whisk to incorporate.
3) In a salad bowl, combine beans, red onion, celery and chives.
4) Pour dressing over bean mixture and gently stir to incorporate, being careful not to break up too many of the beans. Add spinach and toss to coat.
5) Season with additional salt, pepper and hot sauce, to taste; serve immediately.