More Recipes You May Like
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 200g pork mince
- 200g black pudding
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125g plain flour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten
- 400g breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
How to make Black Pudding Scotch Eggs
1) Place the eggs, still in their shells, in a pan of boiling salted water, simmer for 6 mins. Drain and cool the eggs under cold running water, then peel.
2) Mix the pork mince with the black pudding in a bowl and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide into four and flatten each out on a piece of clingfilm about 40cm squared, into ovals about 12.5cm long and 7.5cm at its widest point.
3) Place each egg onto a sausage meat oval, then pick the clingfilm square up by its corners, and use it to wrap the sausage meat around each egg. Make sure the coating is smooth and completely covers the egg.
4) Roll each one in flour first, then in the beaten egg, rolling to coat completely, then roll in the breadcrumbs to completely cover. Repeat this process.
5) Heat the oil in a deep heavy-bottomed pan, until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns brown when dropped into it. Carefully place each scotch egg into the hot oil and deep-fry for 7 to 8 mins, until golden and crisp and the sausage meat is completely cooked. Carefully remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.