Made this? How was it?
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4g dried yeast
- 90ml whole milk, warmed
- 230g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20g , melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 jar of the best blackberry jam
- 10 tbsps vegetable oil
- 90g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200g sugar
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
How to make Blackberry and Lemon Miniature Doughnuts
1) Place the sugar, yeast and milk in a bowl, cover and leave to react for 20 minutes. The mixture should become frothy.
2) Meanwhile, sieve the flour and salt together, adding the egg,and yeast mixture. Mix well and until smooth. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour until doubled in size.
3) On a floured surface,the dough well then divide into 20 small pieces. Roll into flattened ball shapes, place a small amount of jam into each and carefully fold over, securing all of the edges to prevent the jam from escaping, and reshape into a ball. Set aside and repeat with the others.
4) Heat the oil in a deep saucepan until 150C (use a thermometer for this). Drop the balls in small batches for approximately 3 minutes, turning over halfway to ensure browning on both sides.
5) Prepare a sheet of baking paper near the oil and sprinkle with caster sugar and cinnamon. Lay out a piece of kitchen paper next to this. Once ready, use a slotted spoon to remove the balls and place on the kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil. Then transfer to the sugar paper and roll the bottoms in the sugar (avoid the tops). Leave to cool and repeat with your remaining balls.
6) Mix thesugar, lemon juice and zest together, then smooth out the consistency with drops of water until you have a fluid . Once cooled, dip the tops of the doughnuts into the and place on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
- Dulce de Leche Miniature Doughnuts
- Orange sugar fried doughnut holes
- Lemon drop afternoon tea cake
- Doughnuts from Campania: viccitelli...
- Chocolate dippity doughnuts
- Country vanilla sponge cake
- Rhubarb and Custard Doughnuts
- Vegan Doughnuts
- Lemon Drop Cupcakes
- Chocolate mousse with chilli chocol...
- Doughnut Sticks with Spiced Chocola...
- Lotte's Sparkly Doughnuts