- 1 vegetable shortening
- 3 egg
- 2 sugar
- 1 blackberries
- 1 buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Blackberry Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Cream the shortening, eggs, and sugar with a mixer at medium speed. Add the blackberries.
- Mix the buttermilk and baking soda in a small bowl. Combine the flour, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add the buttermilk mixture and the dry ingredients alternately to the creamed mixture; beat well. Pour into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Do not overbake. Cool on a wire rack.
(Courtesy of Food.com)