More Recipes You May Like
For the gougeres:
- 240ml whole milk
- 60g unsalted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Emeril's original essence, recipe follows
- 140g plain flour
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 115g creamy blue cheese
For the Emeril's original essence:
- 2 1/2 tbsps paprika
- 2 tbsps salt
- 2 tbsps garlic powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
How to make Blue Cheese Gougeres
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2) In a large saucepan, combine the milk, , salt, black pepper and essence over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Add the flour and stir constantly with a large wooden spoon to incorporate, about 1 minute. Return to medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
3) Remove from the heat and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cheese and beat until mixed well and a slightly soft dough forms.
4) Drop the dough by the spoonful onto the baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180C/Gas 4 and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately, or at room temperature.
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Recipe from 'New New Orleans Cooking', by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch
Published by William and Morrow, 1993.