For the crab cakes:
1) Heat 2 tbsp oil in a medium saute pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and jalapenos and cook until soft. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
2) In a mixing bowl, whisk together the horseradish, mustard, creme fraiche until combined. Stir in the onion mixture. Add the crabmeat and 15g of the flour and gently fold to combine; season with salt and pepper. If the mixture appears too loose, add more flour, about 5g at a time. Refrigerate, covered for at least 1 hr or up to 1 day.
3) Divide the chilled crab mixture into 8 patties about 1cm thick. Dredge each cake in the cornmeal and tap off excess.
4) Heat the remaining 4 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick saute pan over high heat and fry the cakes for about 3 mins on each side, or until crusty and lightly browned.
5) Place 2 crab cakes on a dinner plate and top each cake with a tbsp of the relish and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
For the black olive-roasted red pepper relish:
1) Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 mins before serving.
For the basil vinaigrette:
1) Combine the basil, mayonnaise, vinegar and a little water in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the honey, olive oil and salt, to taste, and blend a few more seconds.