- 2 onion
- 2 lbs minced beef
- 1 bread
- 1 milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1.50 tablespoons sugar
- 0.50 sultanas
- 3 tablespoons chutney
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 0.50 teaspoon pepper
- 0.50 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 almonds
- 4 bay leaf
- 1 lemons, zest of
- 1 eggs
How to make Bobotie (South Africa)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute the beef with onions until meat is browned.
- Soak the bread in half the milk; then mash the slice with a fork.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the remaining milk and egg).
- Spread mixture into a greased casserole and bake for 1 hour.
- Beat the egg with the remaining ½ cup of milk and pour over the casserole.
- Return to oven for another 30 minutes.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Spiced Bobotie with Apricot Glaze
- Curry-rubbed swordfish steaks with....
- Lamb and pumpkin bobotie
- Duck bobotie
- North African meatballs
- African ground nut stew
- Medu vada (South Indian lentil doug...
- Beef fillet, pommes Anna, parsnip p...
- South-East Asian fish Soup
- Germany's version of the South Phil...
- Chicken South Indian style
- Spicy Mussels with White Wine