1. Scoop cooked flesh from potatoes and put into a metal bowl.
2. Add the egg yolk and flour, then mix.
3. Roll out mixture into a tube onto a floured surface.
4. Cut 3cm sized measures of potato mixture, place onto a floured tray.
To assemble and finish:
1. Place a non-stick pan onto the heat with 1 teaspoon of oil.
2. Pull boerewors out of the skin in small chunks. Put into the warm pan and gently cook through. Add hazelnuts to pan to toast.
3. Prepare a medium pot of salted water, bring to the boil. Add all potato dumplings to simmering water.
4. Cook till dumplings rises to the surface then strain and place into the same pan as the meat balls.
5. Sauté till golden brown before adding baby spinach to wilt.
6. Remove all ingredients from the pan and place into bowel, top with mature cheddar and serve.