2) Remove the pan from the heat and add the juniper, sage and chilli flakes. Leave to steep for 5 minutes then pour 1L to 1.25L water and the ice into the brine.
3) When the brine is chilled, submerge the chops into the mixture for at least 6 hours and up to overnight, refrigerated. Remove the pork from the liquid and pat dry.
4) When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Heat the oil in a medium saute pan over a medium heat and cook the pork until nicely caramelized, about 6 minutes per side.
5) Remove to the oven to cook through completely, about 10 minutes. Leave to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serve with the red cranberry sauce glaze.
Red wine cranberry glaze:
1) Combine all the ingredients into a medium saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2) Reduce the heat to low and cook to reduce the liquid by half.