Made this? How was it?
- 120g salt
- 115g sugar
- 1.5L to 2L water
- 1 tbsp juniper berries
- 1 tbsp freshly sage leaves
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g ice
- 4 (4cm thick) boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Red wine cranberry glaze, recipe follows
For the red wine cranberry glaze:
- 200g dried cranberries
- 720ml dry red wine
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 225g sugar
How to make Boneless pork chop with red wine cranberry glaze
1) In a medium saucepan over a medium heat, bring the salt, sugar and 500ml of the water to a boil and simmer until the salt and sugar dissolve.
2) Remove the pan from the heat and add the juniper, sage and chilli flakes. Leave to steep for 5 minutes then pour 1L to 1.25L water and the ice into the brine.
3) When the brine is chilled, submerge the chops into the mixture for at least 6 hours and up to overnight, refrigerated. Remove the pork from the liquid and pat dry.
4) When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Heat the oil in a medium saute pan over a medium heat and cook the pork until nicely caramelized, about 6 minutes per side.
5) Remove to the oven to cook through completely, about 10 minutes. Leave to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serve with the red cranberry sauce glaze.
Red wine cranberry glaze:
1) Combine all the ingredients into a medium saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2) Reduce the heat to low and cook to reduce the liquid by half.
- Morgan's veggie patties
- Solomo kleftiko
- Cuban pork chops with mojo
- Killer inside-out burger with Worce...
- Vietnamese 'shaking beef' sandwich....
- Turkey scallopini
- Guy's spicy Spanish rice
- Over easy ham steak with red-eye gr...
- North Atlantic pan seared cod with....
- Basic crepes
- Ultimate prawn-crayfish-crab croque...
- Town Talk Diner: Brat burger