For the batter:
1) Beat all batter ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
For the Eggy Bread:
2) Slice the baguette into 18 thick slices. Soak the slices in the batter for about 3 minutes, turning to coat evenly on each side. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Lift the bread from the batter and place it in the hot pan. Add only enough slices to fit easily in the pan. Saute on both sides until golden brown. Keep warm until all slices have been cooked.
3) Place 3 slices on each plate. Drizzle with warm bourbon vanilla custard. Garnish with chocolate syrup and Kentucky bourbon whipped cream. Top with sliced strawberries and toasted pecan halves. Serve immediately.
Bourbon Vanilla Custard:
4) Heat single and double cream in a small saucepan over low heat, until the mixture begins to simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
5) Whisk egg yolks, sugar and corn flour in a stainless steel bowl for about 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens and lightens in color. Slowly pour the hot cream into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Return the custard to the saucepan and place over low heat. Stir constantly until the mixture reaches 75 degrees C.
6) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and bourbon. Serve immediately or hold over a hot water bath.