2) Combine more thoroughly with your hands, being careful not to over mix. Separate the meat mixture into 6 even portions and form into patties. Set the burgers aside until ready to cook.
3) Preheat a nonstick griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Place the burgers and cook for 2 1/2 minutes on 1 side. Flip over and place cheese on top of each. Cook for 1 minute.
4) Tent foil over the burgers and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the burgers from the griddle and place on a clean board. Replace the foil tent over the burgers and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
5) Turn the heat under griddle pan down to low and give the pan a quick wipe with a damp paper towel (held in tongs). Place the bun halves on the griddle pan and toast until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
6) Remove the buns from the griddle pan and butter with 1/2 tbsp of the butter per bun. Place 1 burger on each bun bottom, top with approximately 50g of sauteed onions and the bun top. Serve and enjoy!
1) Heat the olive oil and butter in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat for 1 minute. Add the onion slices to the pan and toss in the oil and butter.
2) Add the salt, pepper, oregano and cumin and toss. Saute the onions until they start to turn golden, then take the pan off the heat and add the bourbon. Once the alcohol cooks off, turn the heat down to low and let the onions absorb the liquid.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.