2) To the same pan add the carrots, onions, celery and garlic. Saute 3 minutes, until soft. Return the halibut to the pan and add the wine. Simmer for 1 minute. Add the bay leaves and stock and simmer 10 minutes, until the fish is fork tender. Remove from the heat and add the parsley.
3) Serve half the halibut for this meal with the grilled corn cakes. Reserve the remaining halibut for a future meal.
For the griddled corn cakes:
1) Coat a large griddle with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
2) In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a fork and make a well in the centre.
3) In small bowl, whisk together the milk, honey, oil and egg. Pour this mixture into the centre of the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
4) Pour 60ml of the batter onto griddle for each corn cake. Cook 2 minutes per side, until puffed up, golden brown and cooked through.