Recipe by Guy Fieri
- Rapeseed oil, for frying
- 1 whole snapper
- 1/2 onion, cut in rings
- 1 or habanero chilli pepper, whole
- 1 sprig thyme
- 125ml water
- 60ml olive oil
- 45ml fish and meat sauce
- 1 tomato,
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Brown stew fish
1) Heat a deep-fryer with rapeseed oil to 180C. Deep-fry the whole snapper until lightly brown, approximately 4 minutes.
2) Saute the onion, pepper, thyme, water and olive oil in a large saute pan, for about 2 minutes. Add the fish and meat sauce and the fried fish.
3) Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the tomato and simmer for another 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and place on a serving platter.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.