For the meatloaf: 1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the meatloaf and work together completely by hand until all ingredients are evenly distributed and the mixture is uniform.
3) Place meat mixture into a 23 by 33cm baking dish and shape into a loaf about 28cms long and 10cms wide. It is important to form it like this so that it cooks evenly throughout. The loaf should be in the middle of the pan with room on both sides for the sauce to pool.
4) Cover the meatloaf with the sauce and allow excess sauce to pool around the meatloaf. Cover pan with aluminum foil but avoid contact with meatloaf by leaving at least a 5cms of space between the top of the meatloaf and the foil.
5) Bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake 45 minutes longer.
6) Let rest for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
For the red pepper sauce: 1) Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.