For the vegetables:
1) In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add about 30ml of olive oil. Once heated add the onions and saute. When the onions are translucent, add all of the other vegetables, stirring often. Season the vegetables with salt, pepper, herbes de provence, and the bay leaves.
2) When the vegetables are cooked, drain off any excess oil and set aside. Allow vegetables to come to room temperature.
For the anchovy sauce:
1) Rinse the anchovy fillets in cold water. Add 30 to 45ml of oil to a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the shallot and the anchovy fillets. Cook on low heat until fragrant. Add the garlic and let cook for 5 minutes.
2) De-glaze the pan with vinegar, reduce the heat, then add 30 to 45ml of water and allow to reduce again. Add the veal stock and cook slowly until it thickens. Season with pepper. Do not season the sauce with salt.
For the bull fillet:
1) Trim the fat off the bull fillet. Cut into pieces weighing about 150g each. Sear the meat in a hot pan with oil on the stove, turning so that all sides are browned. Place the meat into a hot oven and cook until desired doneness.
For the dish assembly:
1) Place the sauteed vegetables on the plate. Place the bull fillet on top of the sauteed vegetables. Add a scoop of rice and spoon the anchovy sauce onto the plate.
2) Garnish the plate with parsley and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.