Made this? How was it?
- 680g boiling potatoes
- 60ml milk
- 55g unsalted
- 120ml buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
How to make Buttermilk mashed potatoes
1) In a large saucepan bring 2L of water and 1 tbsp of salt to a boil. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them into 4-cm cubes.
2) Add the potatoes to the boiling water and bring the water back to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes fall apart easily when pierced with a fork.
3) Meanwhile, heat the milk andin a small saucepan, making sure it doesn't boil. Set aside until the potatoes are done.
4) As soon as the potatoes are tender, drain them in a colander. Place a food mill fitted with a small disk/blade over a heatproof bowl and, or use a potato .
5) As soon as the potatoes are, stir in the hot milk mixture with a or rubber spatula. Add enough buttermilk to make the potatoes creamy. Add 1 tsp of salt and the pepper, and serve hot.
6) To keep the potatoes warm, place the bowl over a pan of simmering water for up to 30 minutes. You can add a little extra hot milk to keep them creamy.