1. To make the Parmesan crisps, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Sprinkle the Parmesan to form 8 rounds on the baking tray. Season with pepper and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool. Once the crisps have hardened, transfer to kitchen paper.
2. To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small blender or processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. If too thick, add a little water. Pour half the dressing into the bottom of the serving glasses.
3. Separate and wash the cos lettuce hearts and dry thoroughly. Arrange vertically in the glasses.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the croutons until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. To serve, combine the croutons and anchovies (if using) with the lettuce and drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad. Garnish with the Parmesan crisps. Add freshly ground pepper and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood's Around the World in 80 Plates