Made this? How was it?
For the braised greens:
- 3 streaky bacon, thinly
- 1 small red onion,
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1.2kg kale, roughly
- 380ml low-sodium chicken stock, plus 65ml
- 1 large tomato,
- 2 tsps cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the pork:
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 400g each), each halved crosswise
- 120ml chicken stock
- Store-bought dinner rolls or biscuits
How to make Cajun pork tenderloin with braised greens
For the greens:
1) Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until browned, about 6 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and tomato, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
2) Stir in the kale and 375ml stock, cover, cook until wilted, about 8 minutes. Stir in 65ml stock and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
For the pork:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Combine the Cajun spice, 1 tbsp of the olive oil, and salt to make a paste. Rub the pork with spice paste.
3) Heat a skillet over medium-high. Add the remaining olive oil and sear the pork, turning until all sides are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes total. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the meat registers 65C, about 10 to 12 minutes.
4) Set aside for 5 minutes to rest on a cutting board.
5) Deglaze the pan with 120ml chicken stock. Reduce a little and swirl in butter. Thinly the pork, divide among 4 plates. Drizzle with pan sauce and serve with the braised greens and dinner rolls or biscuits.
- Seared pork tenderloin with pepper....
- Chilli rubbed pork tenderloin with....
- Pork tenderloin with chipotle-maple...
- Pork rib roast with cranberry-apric...
- Spice rubbed pork tenderloin with A...
- Texas bbq braised beef brisket
- Braised lamb shanks
- Pulled Pork
- Roast fresh ham with apple glaze
- Pork ribs and roast with mojo
- Oven-Style Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Braised collard greens on polenta c...