Made this? How was it?
- 6 thick-cut smoked bacon
- 4 good white bread, cut 1cm thick
- 4 tbsp good mayonnaise, such as Hellman's
- 4 to 8 tender green lettuce leaves, washed and spun very dry
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 large ripe tomato, 1cm thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make California BLTs
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Place a wire rack on a baking tray and arrange the rashers of bacon in a single layer. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, until the bacon is browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
2) Place the breadon a sheet pan and toast them for 5 minutes. Turn the and toast for 1 more minute, until all the bread is evenly browned on both sides.
3) Place 2of the bread on a cutting board. Spread each with about 1 tbsp of mayonnaise and cover with a layer of lettuce leaves.
4) Peel the avocado andit 1.5-cm thick. Toss the avocado gently with the lemon juice, and arrange on top of the lettuce leaves. Place 3 of bacon on top of each sandwich and then add a layer of tomato on top of the bacon. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
5) Spread each of the remaining 2