1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
2. Place the garlic cut side down in a large roasting tin. Add the butter, oil, a pinch of salt, a couple of twists of black pepper, the honey, rosemary and bay leaves and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
3. After 30-35 minutes put a large cross in the top of the Camembert and add it to the oven. Make sure the plastic covering and lid is removed, but it is still in its cardboard box. Add the French baguette to warm up too.
4. Once the garlic is soft, the bread is extra crunchy and the cheese is all soft and gooey, remove from the oven.
5. Serve everything on a big sharing plate. Break off a piece of crusty bread, squeeze out the tender flesh of the garlic along with a healthy dose of cheese and smear it liberally over the bread.
6. Serve with a chutney or relish and a good glass of red wine.
Recipe courtesy of Lorraine Pascale, Baking Made Easy, Harper Collins, 2012