Made this? How was it?
- 1 box sugar biscuit mix
- 60g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 120g softened cream cheese
- 70g plain flour, plus additional for surface
- Red food colouring
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint essence
How to make Candy cane cookies
1) Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3. In a bowl, combine the sugar biscuit mix, melted butter, egg, cream cheese and plain flour; mix together to form dough. Separate the dough into 2 equal portions and place in 2 different bowls.
2) Add red food coloring gradually to 1 bowl of dough,together until the desired shade of red is created. To the second bowl of uncoloured dough, add peppermint essence and together.
3) On a plain floured work surface, shape each dough into balls and then roll each ball into 0.5cm-wide ropes, each about 13cm long.
4) For each biscuit, carefully twist some of the red and white ropes of dough together and shape into a candy cane. Spread the candy canes out on baking sheets and bake on the top shelf of the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool before serving.
- Sugar biscuits with pistachio and d...
- Candy cane cocktail
- Hot eggnog
- Red hot santa tini
- Christmas cookie cocktail
- Mistletoe and holly cocktail
- Candied orange cannoli cupcakes
- Pumpkin biscuits with cream cheese....
- Jimbo's hambo with griddled fruit s...
- Holiday cheesecake
- Deep fried black eyed pea and ham b...
- Chocolate chip candy-bar biscuits