Made this? How was it?
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the crostini
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, thinly , plus 1 or 2 more whole cloves
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 1 (175g) tin tomato puree
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 2 (450g) tins cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2L chicken stock, water, or a combination
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch kale, large ribs removed,
- 1 baguette
How to make Cannellini bean soup with kale and garlic-olive oil crostini
For the soup:
1) Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the garlic and oregano and cook for no more than a minute. Add the tomato puree and vinegar, and cook for another minute.
2) Add the beans and stock and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Add the kale and simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour. Season, to taste, again with salt and pepper before serving.
For the garlic-olive oil crostini:
1) the baguette on a heavy angle to create long . Toast the in a toaster or in the conventional oven.
2) Rub them once or twice with half a garlic clove. Season a shallow plate of extra virgin olive oil with some salt and dip each side of the bread into the oil. Serve as accompaniment to the soup.
- Cannellini bean soup with kale and....
- Old world vegetable soup
- Split pea soup with ham hocks
- Seared salmon with three-bean salad...
- Winey figs, prosciutto and ricotta....
- Rosemary white bean soup
- Quick and spicy tomato soup
- Christmas soup
- Quick fix crostini with white beans...
- Minestrone Soup with Beans
- Black Bean Soup
- Black bean soup with mojo