To Make the Béchamel:
1. Bring the milk to the boil.
2. In a separate pan, melt the butter over a gentle heat and add the flour.
3. Once the milk is boiling, pour it over the butter mixture, stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
4. Bring the béchamel to the boil, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
1. Bring plenty of salted water to the boil, add the cannelloni and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Drain and place on a flat surface, allowing them to cool. Keep the cannelloni separated to prevent them from sticking. Do not rinse with cold water.
3. Cannelloni can also be filled without pre-cooking. Just add a little more béchamel sauce and cook 10 minutes longer.
Procedure for the Filling:
1. Sauté the spinach in a non-stick pan with a little bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cool down and chop.
2. In a mixer, blend the cottage cheese with the spinach, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, add the egg and the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and stir well.
1. Fill the cannelloni with the filling using a piping bag.
2. Place ½ of the béchamel sauce In a large baking tin, and spread evenly.
3. Place the cannelloni on top of it and then cover them with the remaining béchamel.
4. Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.