Made this? How was it?
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, quartered, cored
- 20g unsalted
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 15g walnuts
- 2 red chicory
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 3/4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g fresh goats' cheese, made into 1cm medallions
How to make Caramelised Pears and Goats' Cheese with Chicory
1) Cut the pear quarters in half lengthways. Melt thein a pan and add the pears. Cook for 2 minutes, add the sugar and walnuts and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep to one side.
2) Trim the root off the chicory and separate into individual leaves, then cut the leaves in half lengthways and place in a bowl. Add the watercress and dress with the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Place the goats' cheese on a baking tray and place under a hot grill for 1 minute. Top the pear, chicory and watercress salad with the grilled goats' cheese.
- Crisp goat's cheese with pears and....
- Caramelised chicory and leeks
- Tomato steak with baked goats' chee...
- Watermelon, Tomato and Olive Salad
- Chunky fish soup
- Cinnamon poached pears
- Homely Ocean Pie
- Simple Lamb Casserole with New Pota...
- Baked Winter Fruits with Cream Chee...
- Fusilli with Tomato, Rocket and Fet...
- Peppered tuna with Nicoise salad
- Chargrilled pork chop with peppers