- We persuaded Lotte Duncan to share her top secret cream cheese frosting for these fluffy carrot and banana cupcakes.6:58
- Lotte Duncan takes the scare factor out of piping frosting for your cakes and cupcakes at home with her step-by-step beginners guide.4:03
Age Restricted Content
- 3 soft, ripe bananas
- 9oz demerara sugar
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 270ml sunflower oil
- 425g plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 medium-sized carrots,
- 85g sultanas
For the cream cheese:
- 350g softened unsalted butter
- 250g full fat cream cheese
- 350g sieved sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
How to make Carrot and Banana Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 170°C.
In a large bowl,the bananas and mix well with the sugar. Using a stand mixer or a wooden spoon, beat in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
Add the oil, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and the salt, and mix well until incorporated. Finally, add the carrots and the raisins.
Now spoon the mixture into your cake cases, up to two thirds full. Put into the oven and bake for ten to twelve minutes, until they spring back to the touch or a toothpick comes out clean.
Using an electric mixer (you can do by hand, but the mixer makes thisextra light) beat the butter and cream cheese together until thick and creamy. Gradually beat in the sugar and then the lemon juice.
Now beat for about 3 minutes until all light and fluffy. Leave in a cool place to set for 20 minutes – but not the fridge. Put into abag and on top of the cupcakes. Decorate with the almond praline.
Note: Themixture makes more than enough for these cupcakes. Lotte makes it in batches and freezes, and you could too - or halve these amounts.
- Filled Banoffee Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Two-tone Ch...
- Cupcakes with Fruit Icing and Spark...
- Scones and Cheat's Raspberry Jam
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Lemon Drop Cupcakes
- Lyle's® Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes...
- Lyle's® Lemony Cupcakes...
- Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes
- Blackcurrant Éclairs
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Floral Frosti...
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes