Recipe by: Anna Olson
More Recipes You May Like
- 275ml sunflower oil
- 350g light brown sugar
- 6 medium eggs, beaten
- 280g organic carrots
- Raisins 200g
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground ginger
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 350g self-raising flour
How to make Carrot and Orange Cake
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C for fan ovens.
2. Pour the oil onto the sugar and stir well. Pour this mix onto the beaten eggs and lightly mix with spoon.
3. Stir in thecarrots, raisins, and orange zest.
4. Mix the spices and bicarb well into the flour, add flour mix to wet mix, stir well with spoon.
5. Pour the runny batter into the tin and bake for 45-50 minutes. Check after 30 minutes as ovens do vary. The cake should be well risen and springy, check with a knife to make sure it's cooked inside. Once ready, turn out onto a wire rack.
You can eat this delicious cake just as it is with some tea. Alternatively, you can cover in orange zest buttercream, or drizzle with fondantsugar mixed with orange juice in a criss cross pattern. Gorgeous!
Recipe courtesy of Juliet Sear from Fancy Nancy