Made this? How was it?
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, like soy, groundnut, or corn
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno (with seeds), stemmed and minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 225g carrots,
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 spring onion (white and green),
How to make Carrot chutney
1) In a small frying-pan, combine the oil, jalapeno, and garlic. Place the skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about five minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the sugar, and stir until dissolved. Transfer to a medium bowl and cool.
2) Add the carrot, coriander, lime juice, fish sauce, and spring onions to the jalapeno mixture and mix well. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.