Made this? How was it?
- 226g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 110g sour cream
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp freshly minced dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 spring onion, minced (white and green parts)
- 1 tbsp milk, half-and-half, or double cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100g good salmon roe
How to make Caviar dip
1) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese until smooth. With the mixer on medium speed, add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, spring onion, milk, salt, and pepper.
2) With a rubber spatula, fold in 3/4 of the salmon roe. Spoon the dip into a bowl and garnish with the remaining salmon roe and sprigs of fresh dill.
3) Serve with chips, toasts, or crackers.