4) Roll the dough disks on a lightly floured board. Place the larger disk in a buttered 20-cm pie pan.
5) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool.
6) Pour the apple mixture into the crust, and cover it with the remaining pie dough. Pinch the crust closed and brush the top of the pie with egg.
7) Bake until pie turns golden brown, about 40 to 50 minutes.
8) For the shortcrust: On a board, pour flour and create a hole in the center. Add the butter in the centre. Using your fingertips, quickly mix the butter and flour. After, add the sugar, egg yolks, and lemon zest, and quickly work it all together with the palms of your hands. Form the mixture into 2 disks, 1 a little larger than the other, wrap them in a cloth and refrigerate for 1 hour.