1. Pre heat oven to 220°C, fan oven 200°C, 425°F, Gas Mark 7.
2. Unroll the puff pastry and cut out two oblong shapes that are slightly bigger than your chosen pieces of salmon. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and score gently using the tip of a sharp knife. Brush with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 6 -8 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Set aside.
3. Put the cream, cream cheese in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat. Add the lemon juice and pesto sauce and beat until smooth.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
5. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 6-10 minutes.
6. Then place the salmon on a plate, pour the sauce over the salmon and top each one with an oblong of cooked pastry. Serve with potatoes and vegetables – we suggest crushed potatoes, asparagus and broad beans and mange tout.
Recipe courtesy of RSPCA Assured