Special equipment: 20 x 30 x 8 cm oven-safe baking dish.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Sauté over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until soft and golden.
3. Add the beef mince and pork mince and cook until golden brown or until all the liquid has evaporated. Use a wooden spoon to break the mince up as you stir. Add the wine and cook until the alcohol has completely evaporated, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
4. Next, add the beef stock, tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper, tasting before you add salt as the stock will already be salty. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped parsley and stir to combine.
5. To make the cheese burst layer, combine the mascarpone, Cheddar, mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl.
6. Butter the sides of the baking dish. To layer the lasagne, spoon a quarter of the meat sauce into the base of the dish. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat this process one more time. Spread over the cheese burst mixture. You should have 4 layers of pasta in total, with the cheese burst layer in the middle. Sprinkle the top with torn mozzarella and Parmesan and drizzle over some olive oil.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and cooked all the way through.
Copyright 2017 Food Network UK. All rights reserved.