Special equipment: Star cookie cutter.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
2. Place a sheet of puff pastry on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
3. Working down the longest edge, spread one half with chocolate-hazelnut spread and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
4. Sprinkle the other side with red Leicester cheese. Season with pepper.
5. Place the second sheet of pastry on top and press gently.
6. Working down the long length of the pastry, use a knife to carve a 2cm width through the middle of the pastry for the trunk of the tree. Make an even number of horizontal slits left and right of the tree trunk for branches – about 1cm wide per branch. Cut a square into the bottom for the base of the tree.
7. Take two strands of pastry side by side and twist them together like a rope. Position so each one is facing downwards. Repeat for all branches on both sides of the tree.
8. Brush with beaten egg yolks and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden all over. Top the tree with a red Leicester cheese star cut using a star-shaped cookie cutter.
Copyright 2017 Food Network UK. All rights reserved.