- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 55g unsalted butter
- 125ml sour cream
- 50g shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Cheesy Jacket Potatoes
1) Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7.
2) Set the potatoes directly on the rack in the centre of the oven and bake until easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and turn the heat down to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
3) Cut a slit in the top of the potatoes and carefully scoop out the flesh into a bowl, leaving the shells intact.
4) Set the potatoes on a baking sheet, and bake until heated through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.