Recipe by: Food Network Kitchens
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 55g unsalted
- 125ml sour cream
- 50g shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toppings of your choice (e.g. cooked broccoli florets, cooked ham or minced beef)
How to make Cheesy Jacket Potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7.
2. Set the potatoes directly on the rack in the centre of the oven and bake until easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and turn the heat down to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
3. Cut a slit in the top of the potatoes and carefully scoop out the flesh into a bowl, leaving the shells intact.the potato lightly with a fork. Add the , sour cream, and 35g of the cheese, any toppings and salt and pepper to taste. Refill the shells with the potato mixture mounding it slightly.
4. Set the potatoes on a baking sheet, and bake until heated through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.