1. Take a large saucepan or deep fat fryer, and heat at least 2 inches of oil to 175⁰C or until the oil is bubbling.
2. While the oil is heating, mix together in a large mixing bowl the flour, taco seasoning mix, baking power, egg, milk, sweet corn, melted butter and cheese. Stir well.
3. Let this rest for 15 minutes.
4. Then, drop tbsp. size pieces of the dough into the hot oil and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until deep golden brown.
5. Remove from oil and pat down on paper towels.
6. Next take a small mixing bowl, and mix together the mayonnaise or soured cream, fresh lime juice and coriander to form a dip to serve with your ‘Cheesy Corn Poppers’.
7. Serve the warm Cheesy Corn Poppers with your freshly made dip and chunky salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso™