Made this? How was it?
- 15g unsalted , plus more for ramekins
- 225g Bing cherries (about 30 cherries), pitted
- 3 tbsp Kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 110g sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Cocoa, for dusting
How to make Cherry mini cheesecakes
1) Preheat the oven to 170°C / gas mark 3. Lightlysix 175ml ramekins.
2) Melt the 15g ofin a medium pan over a medium heat. Add the cherries and 1 tbsp of the Kirsch, and cook until the fruit softens and glazes, about seven minutes. Divide the cherries, with their juices, evenly among the prepared ramekins.
3) Pulse the cream cheese, sugar substitute, eggs and remaining 2 tbsp of Kirsch in a food processor until smooth. Pour the filling into the ramekins.
4) Bake the cheesecakes until the edges puff slightly and the centres almost set, about 25 minutes. Cool the cheesecakes on a rack in the ramekins. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
5) When ready to serve, run a small knife around the outside of the cheesecakes. Carefully invert each cheesecake onto a plate, then flip the cheesecakes over so the cherries are on the bottom. Lightly dust with cocoa.