- 2 spring onion
- 4 ounces mushroom
- 0.25 sweet red peppers
- 0.25 frozen green peas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 whole chicken breast
- 1 to taste salt
- 1 to taste pepper
- 4 puff pastry shell
How to make Chicken Ala' King on Puff Pastry Shell
- Preheat oven to the temperature recommended for puff pastry shells.
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. Bake and cool. This can be done ahead of time. Remove center of puff pastry, save for topping.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325-350° for baking chicken.
- Season (skin on) chicken breast and bake for 30-40 minutes until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink. Cool and remove skin. Cube chicken, set aside.
- Over a low to medium heat, saute the red bell pepper, sliced scallions and sliced mushrooms in butter for approximately 3-5 minutes. Do not over cook. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the mean time, make a white sauce.
- Melt butter, add chicken bullion seasoning, add flour and whisk to combine. It will thicken at this point. Slowly add the milk, 1/2 C at a time, continuing to whisk until the sauce thickens. You may not use all the milk.
- Add frozen peas to the sauce. Add the peppers, onions, mushrooms and chicken. Warm through.
- Spoon sauce mixture over each puff pastry shell, top with the center of the shell you removed.
(Courtesy of Food.com)