Recipe by Ching-He Huang
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour blended with 2 tbsps cold water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 green peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry
- 450g skinless chicken breast,
- 1 tbsp yellow bean paste
- 1 tbsp fermented salted black beans, washed and crushed
- 1 birds eye chilli, deseeded and
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and
- 1 tbsp freshly root ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, finely
- Steamed jasmine rice or egg-fried rice to serve
How to make Chicken and black bean stir-fry
1. Heat a wok over a high heat and add the groundnut oil. When the oil starts to smoke, add the garlic, ginger and chillies and stir-fry for a few seconds. Then add the fermented black beans and yellow bean paste and stir quickly.
2. Add the chickenand stir-fry for 1 minute, keeping the ingredients moving in the wok. As the meat starts to turn opaque, add the rice wine or sherry.
3. Add the green peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Season with the soy sauce, then add the blended cornflour and stir to thicken. Serve with jasmine rice or egg-fried rice.
- Red Curry Chicken Stir-Fry
- Beef and Black Bean Ho Fun
- Ginger, Carrot, and Sesame Green Be...
- Kung Pao Beef
- Posh Chopped Suey
- Oyster Sauce Chicken with Bok Choy
- Vegetable Lettuce Wraps ('Sin Cai B...
- Black Bean Mussels with Chinese Be....
- Three Cup Chicken with Garlic Spina...
- Ching's Yangzhou fried rice
- Savory Sour Chicken Noodle Soup
- Yangzhou Fried Rice