Chicken and Black Bean Tostadas
Cono Sur wine pairing: The rich notes of cherry, blackberries and plum in Pinot Noir work well alongside these Chicken Tostadas.
Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.
Find Out More
Freshly ground pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp ancho chilli paste or adobo sauce (from a tin of chipotles in adobo)
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
200g finely shredded green or red cabbage
1 bunch radishes (about 6), julienned
20g coriander, roughly chopped
120ml sour cream
1/2 rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded into large pieces
1) Heat half an inch of oil in a large frying pan. When hot, but not smoking, fry the tortillas one at a time, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt.
2) Heat 1-cm of oil in a large frying pan. When hot, but not smoking, fry the tortillas one at a time, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt.
3) Cool the oil slightly and discard all but 2 tablespoons. Add the cumin and beans and cook, stirring, for one minute. Add the stock and cook, smashing the beans with a potato masher, until saucy and hot. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Whisk the garlic, chilli, half the lime juice, sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in 4 tablespoons oil to make a dressing, add the cabbage, radishes and coriander and mix together. Mix the sour cream and the remaining lime juice in another bowl.
5) Top each tortilla with beans, chicken, cabbage salad and sour cream. Serve.