1) Preheat oven to 220C/Gas 8.
2) Coat a 22-cm pie plate with cooking spray.
3) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and ginger and cook 3 minutes, or until soft. Add cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper and cook 1 minute, until spices are fragrant. Add chicken, olives and dates and cook 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and broth. Add to chicken mixture.
5) Arrange 1 sheet of phyllo in the bottom of pie plate, allowing dough to hang over the edges. Spray with cooking spray and then top with another sheet of phyllo dough. Top with 1/3 of chicken mixture. Fold overhanging dough over chicken filling. Continue layering, using all sheets, 2 at a time, ending with phyllo dough, fold top sheets over, to cover the filling so nothing is hanging over the sides. Spray the surface with cooking spray and top with almonds. Bake 15 minutes, until golden brown. Sift confectioners' sugar over top just before serving.
Note: Keep phyllo sheets moist in between use so they do not dry out. Cover them with a damp towel or cloth.